Ellenbrook Netball Association
Code of Conduct
Ellenbrook Netball Association’s General Code of Conduct and Behaviour.
You must agree to the following requirements in relation to your conduct during any activity held by or under the direction of Netball WA and or Swan Districts Association, in your role as a player, parent, official or coach of our Club.
1. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
2. Respect the privacy of others and refrain from using social media to voice inappropriate comments regarding any matter in relation to team, players, coaches and the association.
3. Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealings with others.
4. Abide by decisions, without argument or bad temper.
5. Cooperate with your coach and other players.
6. Verbal abuse of officials or other players, deliberately fouling or provoking an opponent and throwing/damaging equipment is not acceptable or permitted.
7. Treat all players as you would like to be treated.
8. Ensure that at all times your behaviour is fair.
9. Respect and acknowledge the contribution of those who create the opportunity for you to play including volunteers (scorers, coaches, timekeepers, administration and umpires).
10. Focus upon your child's efforts and performance rather than the overall outcome of the event. This assists your child in setting realistic goals related to his/her ability by reducing the emphasis on winning.
11. If you disagree with an umpire or coach, raise the issue through the appropriate channels rather than question their judgement and honesty in public.
12. Recognise and respect the value of volunteer administrators, coaches and umpires. They give up their time and resources to provide recreational activities for players and deserve your support.
13. Never ridicule or scold a player for making a mistake during a competition. Positive comments are motivational.
14. Demonstrate appropriate social behaviour by not using foul language and not harassing administraors, coaches, player umpires.
15. Abide by the rules and respect the decision of the umpires. Be courteous and use the correct process when seeking a rule clarification.
16. All players are to be mindful of team members when committing to the game. Commitment to our club and the team is for the entire season. Please be mindful that the team is being let down when a player decides to resign from a team during the season. This in turn creates issues for the club with loss of players.